Terms and Conditions
- Tickets you purchase are for personal use. Except as we may agree, you and your party must not re-sell or transfer (or seek to re-sell or transfer) the tickets in breach of the applicable terms. A breach of this condition will entitle the Melbourne Racing Club (the MRC) to cancel the tickets without prior notification, refund, compensation or liability.
- In addition to the ticket price your order will include a one off transaction/delivery fee of $3.00 per order. Those fees are not refundable except as set out below.
- If you order or buy more tickets than the maximum permitted per person, per card or per household, we may cancel all of the order or tickets, in which case you will be refunded the ticket price and any booking, transaction or supplementary fees you have paid.
- To prevent fraud and protect the MRC and you, we may carry out checks and/or you may be asked to provide additional information (such as a copy of a credit or debit card statement) after your booking so we can verify your purchase. If we suspect fraud we may cancel any order or tickets.
- You must inform the MRC of any change of address, contact phone number or email address, both before and after receipt of the tickets. Our contact details are below. Our preferred method to contact you is email, so you should take care to provide a current, valid email address and be aware that your email filter settings may treat our emails as spam or direct them to your junk folder.
- An order for tickets is not complete until accepted by us. We try to ensure all prices are accurate but errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of tickets you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and we may either cancel the order (in which case you will be refunded the ticket price and any booking, transaction or supplementary fees you have paid) or give you the option of confirming your order at the correct price.
- The event may be filmed or recorded. Buying a ticket affirms your consent to the filming and sound recording of yourself as a member of the audience. If you have any objection, should this happen when you attend this event, please contact a member of the MRC’s management.
- Your purchase is also subject to the MRC’s General Conditions of Attendance which are set out on the MRC’s website.
Delivery and collection
- Purchased tickets on tickets.mrc.net.au will be dispatched to you electronically.
- We will try to dispatch tickets to you promptly by email but we may, where reasonable, make tickets available for collection at the box office instead of posting them to you if:
- posting is impractical due to timing or circumstances beyond our control (e.g. strikes); or
- necessary for reasons of identification; or
- we are otherwise unable to email tickets to you for any reason.
You will be notified by phone, email or in writing (using the contact details provided by you) if this becomes necessary. Please note the conditions for collection at the event in paragraph 12 below.
- To collect tickets at the event, the cardholder must present the card used to book the tickets as identification or a valid driver’s license listing the name of the purchaser.
- Always check your tickets upon receipt and advise us promptly of any errors (including ensuring that the ticket selection covers the appropriate ticket type for the age of children attending the event).Mistakes when ordering cannot always be corrected and any corrections are discretionary.
Cancellation Rights and Refunds
- Tickets cannot be transferred, exchanged, or refunded once purchased other than for the reasons set out in these terms and conditions.
- If the event takes place but you do not receive the tickets you have purchased for any of following reasons you will be refunded the face value of the ticket price and the transaction/delivery fee.
- the tickets have been sent to an email address different to the one you specified and you tell us within a reasonable period, as set out at paragraph 11 above, but replacement tickets are not provided; or
- your tickets are not dispatched and no arrangements are made for the tickets to be available for collection at the event.
Cancellation, change or postponement of an event
- You should always check that an event is going ahead at the scheduled date, time and venue.
- Should your session be cancelled prior to the session opening time or up to 2 hours into the session due to inclement weather and/ or safety concerns or any other reason (at the absolute discretion of the event organiser), your tickets will be valid for any remaining session of Splashland by calling 1300 467 223 and confirming your booking details and new chosen session. Should you not be able to attend another session a full refund will be offered. Requests for refund need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1300 467 223 by Thursday 1st February 2018. To the extent that your ticket purchase relates to the final session of Splashland, you wll be entitled to a full refund of your ticket purchase price.
- If the MRC cancels an event or makes significant changes to the venue, date, show time the MRC will use reasonable endeavours to inform you. This will usually be done by email.
- No refunds or exchanges will be allowed unless otherwise stated in these Terms and Conditions.
- Any refund will usually be paid, using the same method you used to buy the tickets, within 30 days of the original date of the event or the date that we receive your returned tickets, whichever is later.
- No refunds will be offered under any circumstances if you fail to comply with the all terms and conditions applicable to those tickets, the venue or the event (see paragraph 23 below).
- Amongst other things you will need to comply with health and safety rules and any security requirements (including security searches for the safety of those attending the event) and more particularly described in the General Conditions of Attendance. The MRC will have rights to refuse admission or eject you in certain circumstances and these are likely to include if you are involved with abusive, threatening, drunken or other anti-social behavior, or carry offensive weapons or illegal or prohibited substances or make unauthorised audio, video or photographic recordings.
- Before you finalise your booking, please read all the information that applies to the event and/or ticket. If you or any member of your party has particular requirements please raise these when booking and we will make best efforts to address your query. There can be no guarantee that requirements can be met if notified at the event.
- When you receive your tickets check the details carefully. When attending the event, carry proof of age if appropriate.
- The purchase by you of tickets and these terms and conditions (and any contractual or non-contractual matters arising in relation to these terms and conditions) are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia and any disputes arising out of any transaction between you and the MRC are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of competent courts of that jurisdiction
Still confused? Then please contact email@example.com using the details set out below, quoting the order number you were given at the time of purchasing your tickets (if applicable), and we'll see what we can do to help.